Hey SHCF Fam,
This has been CRAZY, right? I mean I am not sure what day of the week it is.
We’ve been through the ringer and we are stronger because of it. Thank you for your continued effort and support. YOU are why we are here!
As you all know Governor Kemp amended the shelter in place order allowing gyms to re-open under minimum operations under executive order 04.2020.01. We are excited and of course cautious, and we really appreciate your input and thoughts on reopening our gym.
Please read this whole email/document, then come to the zoom call FRIDAY with your questions.
Alec will be answering any questions during Office Hours Friday at 6:15 right after the 5:00pm class on the same zoom link that we use for everything. (It’s in the announcements on FB AND in your emails. Also, below)
Also, feel free to call/text/email. You have good questions and great ideas. We want to hear them.
Second, How are we going to reopen?
We understand that people are all over the map about coming to they gym, staying home, what is essential, when and if the state should open up, etc. We are here to help you feel great, achieve your goals, and be the healthiest version of you no matter where you are located! We want you to feel safe, and comfortable working out whether it is in the gym, at home or wherever you may be working out. So, if you are staying home we are going to support you. If you want to workout safely in the gym, we are also here to support you.
In the gym we will start to re-open on Monday, May 4th with limited schedule and participants.
*We will reassess the classes and days based on attendance.
- We will take everyone’s temperature upon entering the gym. Less than 100.4 is the magic number.
- Classes will be 45 minutes. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early or stay after class inside the gym.
- You must sign up for class in Wodify. There will be no more than 9 students allowed in each class. Each person will be assigned a 6’ space. If something happens and we have an overrun, then we will move a couple of people outside but if you do not sign up for a class and come to the gym, you may be asked to wait until the next class.
- If you have cold or allergy symptoms, are coughing or not feeling well please do not come to class.
- We will ask everyone to wash their hands as they come in, and wash their hands again prior to leaving.
- We will limit equipment sets and avoid sharing equipment.
- All workout stations will be at least 6 feet apart.
- Please wipe down everything you use.
- We will clean during the extended breaks in the schedule (No more than two classes)
- If you have been exposed to CoVid 19 please quarantine at home for 14 days.
What about equipment?
- If you have rented or borrowed equipment and have indicated you are coming back to class we will need all equipment returned Friday or Saturday before we open on May 4th. Details to come!
- If you would like to wait to come back you can keep your equipment for now. We will re-assess this after we collect responses and equipment coming in.
What if I am staying home?
- You will continue to have a coach assigned to you.
- You can continue doing zoom workouts, stay using TrueCoach, or some combination you work out with your coach.
- We will try to continue with ZOOM if we get responses.
- You can continue to use the equipment you have.
What about kids?
- Kids classes will remain virtual for now. We will reassess that in the coming days and let you know as soon as possible.
- Children will NOT be allowed in the gym at this time.
- We will keep a limited class size and try to coordinate a schedule to run ZOOM and classes at the gym!
Again, jump on the Office Hours Call FRIDAY at 6:15pm. Alec will be answering any questions or concerns you may have regarding this or anything else!