07 Aug Meet: Coach Jessica
Meet: Coach Jessica
Gym-Gang Name: Jess
- CrossFit athlete since 2013 (off & on)
- Coaching since 2018
- volleyball fanatic
Favorite thing about coaching?
- “Encouraging others to become better in all that they do—physically, mentally and emotionally”
A goal that you want to accomplish this year? (in or out of the gym – any goal)
- “Become more confident in myself as a coach, and maintain consistency with my nutrition!”
Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
- COFFEE!! All day, every day!
What has been your experience with CrossFit training and how has that evolved over the years?
- “When I first started, the programming was varied but most metcons remained the same “style.” Everyone had their own way of coaching & it wasn’t as detailed/structured as it is now. There is much more variation now with workouts and growing as an athlete in every aspect of your life. Currently, I believe CrossFit is about health, longevity and sustainability. We want everyone to grow and develop not only as an athlete, but as a person. CrossFit is a lifestyle change, and one that can be carried on well into the future!”
Tell me about ya!
Here are some facts:
– played collegiate volleyball for 4 years
– married since June 2016
– can’t wait to become a MOM!
– extremely performance-driven & competitive…this is both a strength and a flaw!
– would eat peanut butter all day, every day if it wouldn’t make me fat #truestory