We don’t always have it, but when we do we feel like we can conquer the world. How do you stay motivated to treat your body right when it’s so easy sometimes to just skip the gym and grab a pizza?
Life happens, it happens to us all and sometimes it may feel as though we’re in a never ending slump. You may get a new job, work crazy hours, or shuttle the kids to and from school, practices and every extracurricular activity. Each day you tell yourself “tomorrow”. Tomorrow you’ll make time for the gym, tomorrow you’ll have dinner prepared and tomorrow you’ll start over. By the end of the week you’re so over it that you can’t fathom doing anything but Netflix & Chill. You ponder the days when you were actually excited to walk through the gym doors every day. How did you ever do it back then?!
Routine. One day you decided to move yourself towards the top of your priority list and you set aside that one hour to sweat out all of the frustrations of the day. You made it a priority to choose the foods that made you feel good. Before you knew it, the gym and meal prep had become a part of your routine. Treating yourself well had become your routine.
You won’t always be motivated, you won’t always be beaming with excitement, but you recognized that taking care of yourself means that you’ll then be able to take better care of every other priority in your life. How do you get back into the swing of things?!
- “Me time”. Dedicate 1 hour of your day solely to yourself, to get to the gym and let out all of the stressors of the day.
- Plan ahead. Make a menu for the week. Not only will this keep you and your family on track nutritionally, but it will save you money and headaches while grocery shopping.
- Self love. Write your favorite quotes on sticky notes and place them on your bathroom mirror, sun visor in the car and on your desktop at work. The more you surround yourself with positivity, the more likely you are to succeed.
- Don’t take no for an answer. Create a schedule that works for you and stick to it. Give it time to become your new routine.
- Remind yourself how GOOD you feel after leaving the gym. You never regret going, you always regret not going.
Not everyday will be perfect, but every day you have an opportunity to become the best you. Creating a new routine is the hardest part, allow yourself the time to make it stick! Everyone gets the same 24 hours in a day. What will you be doing with yours?